WHAT WE STAND FOR
AiNIN believes that art in nature implies respecting nature, not using or abusing it for the sake of art. AiNIN artists are committed to the creation of site responsive art in open settings beyond the boundaries of the standard gallery/museum paradigm. This can be in rural, urban or social environments as long as the process and result respects nature rather than exploiting it.
WHAT MEMBERS GET
Benefits of Membership
- To be a member of an active international association of working artists and event organisers engaged in site-specific, land-based art across a broad range of disciplines.
- The network provides a means to connect with like-minded individuals and communities across the globe, where we may share experiences, opportunities, learn from one another about our diverse approaches, and further strengthen these relationships when we meet in person at art-in-nature events.
- Members receive regular AiNIN Newsletters listing international opportunities for site-specific and art-in-nature projects. Members also have the opportunity to contribute to the newsletter by submitting information about upcoming opportunities and reviews of site-specific related projects.
- All members are invited to contribute ideas, suggest projects and event ideas to AiNIN’s management Bureau, with opportunities to vote on decision making at the Annual General Meeting.
- Every artist member has their own page with the potential to add images of their site-specific work short statement about their work or news, website link and contact details.
- Organiser of Event members have the opportunity to have a page on our website with information about their events/residencies etc. in relation to site-specific art/art-in-nature.
Not an Artist or Event Organiser but would still like to support us?