DEADLINE: No deadline
When: 3 to 6 months
Information: Selected artists are invited to stay for three to six months for free to work on a self-chosen project.
The organisers provide:
- Swatch Group will assist artists when applying for a Chinese business visa by undertaking to provide the necessary invitation letters and paying up to three hundred (300) Swiss francs towards covering the cost of the visa application.
- The artists’ round trip flight or train ticket from their place of residence to Shanghai and back
- Artists-in-residence are provided with individual accommodation and working space in modern, furnished apartments and workshops located on the second and third floors of the Swatch Art Peace Hotel in Shanghai. The apartments and workshops are assigned according to need and availability for a period ranging from three to six months.
- The apartments and workshops are cleaned twice a week by the Swatch Art Peace Hotel housekeeping team.
- A daily Asian and European breakfast is served from 8.00 a.m. to 10.30 a.m. (November – April) and from 7.30 a.m. to 10.00 a.m. (May – October) in the community kitchen on the third floor.